Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have lived in my father in law house last 5 years. The

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have lived in my father in law house for the last 5 years. The agree that was we were to treat as out housee where we're responsible for repairs and could do what we wanted with exception to structural such as roof or structure. The plan was for us to get the house at some point but 1 year ago was informed that he could no longer live up to his agreement and if we wanted to stay we needed buy, and renting wasn't a option. we were in the process of trying to fix and sell my rental house so we could buy this house and now being told they can't afford it and I still can't buy until I selly rental. What are my legal rights for work ..upgraded and repairs done at his house I'd he forecloses or sells under us
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. Is there anything in writing to evidence and show the house would be yours? Any time limit on this happening? Do you have an agreed upon price at this time? Was the deal conditioned upon you selling your rental?