Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

What is the statute of limitations in Alabama?

Customer Question

what is the statute of limitations for extortion in Alabama?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Extortion is a Felony under Alabama law. See:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/8/1/13A-8-15

Alabama has NO Staute of Limitations for felonies. See:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/15/3/15-3-5

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald