Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have, I believe, a serious case of contractor fraud. I

Customer Question

I have, I believe, a serious case of contractor fraud. I paid a man (and co.) over 25,000$ in cash and goods upfront to build me an airplane. A Sport light special, going on 7 (SEVEN!) years ago. We sat face to face at his business and discussed the whole operation, where he looked me in the eye and gave me a price then told me it would take about SIX WEEKS to build. That was also to include engine break in and teaching me to fly it. A lot transpired in all that time, including me being WAY to patient about the whole thing. I don't want the plane anymore, I just want my money back. Do you have any suggestions?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a written agreement / contract with this airplane builder?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Only a verbal and a handshake.

Thank you for your follow up.

How did you pay this person? What form of payment?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
cash and personal property
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is going on with the phone call? Who's paying for it? I'm getting some co. that wants $50.00+ for the privilege of me getting a phone call??? uh-uh.

Thank you for your follow up.

I do not provide any type of phone calls to JustAnswer.com customers, but if you wish to receive a phone call from another legal professional, there is an additional cost for such additional services, however, any billing questions would have to be addressed to JustAnswer.com customer service, as I have nothing to do with billing.

What record / evidence do you have of the cash payments and what type of personal property did you give to the builder?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like a refund. If this can't work online, there is no way on Gods green earth I'm going to pay that much for a phone call. There are other services out there.
Steve ******