Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

This morning child service showed up at my door, Saying

Customer Question

This morning child service showed up at my door
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Saying someone called em
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: And accusing us off some wird
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No not yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

What happened with Child Services when they showed up? How were things left?

What is the question you wish to ask about this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My wife was acting in a protective way but when i came back home i showed them the house amd the kids rooms n the fridge
. the child services lady said everything looks good but we gonna send this to a local office and they will come to do the same thing because my wofe was not compliying
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They didnt want to show ids of anyform thats y she didnt wanna let them in
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no ideahow they follow up. I just dont. Wanna sign on anything to start a case whule there is no case
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

You have rights with CPS. You don't have to agree to let them in. You can make CPS come back with a warrant, but they will do just that, and in the end, they will be allowed to come into your home and investigate, whether your wife wants them to or not.

CPS is an enormously powerful agency, and if they have received a report that gives them a reason to believe that a child is at risk because he's in an unsafe environment, the state allows them to swoop in and remove a child from the household.

CPS is notorious for pushing their weight around, for stepping all over parents' rights, and even for fabricating facts and evidence to support their findings. Even worse, judges tend to believe CPS.

So because of the power that the state allows CPS to have, in the end, when CPS wants to investigate you and your home what they want would come about one way or the other.

Most CPS complaints turn out to be unfounded. But they will be back to make sure because your wife didn't comply and if they have to go to court to get her compliance, they will.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was complying and tgey thank me for that. But should i sign any papaers when yhey comeback on theor 2nd visit
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Or should i get a lwayer tobe present with us on that day
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

You and your wife are entitled to have a lawyer with you when they show up. If that will make you feel more confident about the interview, that is what you should do. It's your right

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im just worried about the falsifying information part thats why i would like to have a lwayer present. Thank you
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Your worry is not an unreasonable one. A lawyer would be a good idea.