Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I had my father in respite care in an assisted living

Customer Question

I had my father in respite care in an assisted living facility for a month. They did not give him his heart medicine twice a day for those 30 days. I gave them 6 containers of Eliquis (3 sample boxes and 3 newly filled pill containers from the pharmacy.) I also gave them the list of medicine that I used every day to give to my dad.
When I picked him up today I noticed they had not even been opened. I also had 2 medicines from another person in with his medicine.
I am worried what 30 days without taking his heart medicine may do. He has congestive heart failure.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Is this a legal or medical question? What is the question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The circumstances are medical neglect. I think medical neglect could be a legal issue. My home number is(###) ###-####Laurie Moore

Thanks and sorry for the delay. You indicated you wanted a phone call...are you still looking to talk on the phone?