CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

While my son was incarserated, he was beaten, stabbed, cut,

Customer Question

While my son was incarserated, he was beaten, stabbed, cut, bones broken and contracted hepatitis. He is currently sercing his remaining time at Bridges Turning Point in Pompano Beach however he has needed healthcare isuues for the brien ribs, cracked skull, and hepatitis. The treatment center he is allowed to go to doesnt take anything but cash and it has cost us a total of more than 10, 000. Dollars so far. What recourse do we have since this entire mess was due to the inmates he was with.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using the forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

There are two advocacy organizations that may be of assistance in getting your son some help with his medical care:

In addition to those sites (advocacy sites), your son likely has a strong civil litigation claim against the State of Florida. (This website is a law firm's (our forum is not associated with this law firm, but it gives a very good summary of what different inmate claims are - many of which appear to apply to your son's conditions):

You can find local personal injury attorneys (make sure to find attorneys that specialize in litigating in federal court and have some experience with what we call 42 USC 1983 claims (federal tort claims), as your son's case is likely to have to be heard in federal court), using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).