Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I was violated on probation 2007 2008 attempted aggervated

Customer Question

I was violated on probation 2007 2008 for an attempted aggervated assult with a deadly weapon I was 18 when I was charged for my first time offence.I have been out of the system for 8 years.I need to know if there is a statue of limitations and how do I pursue it.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Are you saying that you violated probation 8 years ago and that violation is still outstanding? That is, there's a warrant out on you for a violation of probation?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
don't know on a warrant?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I am not sure what you're trying to tell me. Are you saying you have a violation of probation that you never took care of 8 years ago?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is correct
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not have a working phone currently
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you.

I'm not going to be able to tell you what you want to hear. There is no statute of limitations on a violation of probation. It will be out there forever, until you return to court to address it or for the rest of your life, whichever comes first.

Worse yet, when you took your plea to probation, you were told that your failure to comply with probations rules and regulations could result in your being revoked from probation and could get you resentenced to any sentence lawful for the crime to which you pled guilty.

More information coming. I'm still typing.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

There is only one way to cure this problem, and that's to hire a lawyer and come back before the judge on the violation. Before you come back to court a lawyer can see if he can negotiate some other non-incarceratory sentence, because probation is no longer going to want you, and the judge could sentence you to prison.

If he can't put something together for you, he can tell you

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.