AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience

At my parents house my sister was there and receive a

Customer Question

At my parents house my sister was there and receive a summons ask her QuikPick Express so she took it I lease a truck from Quik pick Express and I am a owner operator summons does not have my name on the sumon but it has Does 1 to 20 . SUM-100 , PLF-PI-001, PLD-PI-001, PLD-PI-001, PLD-00, PLD-PA, PLD-PA, CM-010, this is all the pages Case #*****
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist for informational and educational purposes.

Many times, at the start of the lawsuit, for whatever reason, the plaintiff does not know the name(s) of the person/people that he is suing. He only knows that he has been wronged. In addition, he may not be able to figure out the name of who he needs to sue without getting information via subpoenas etc. Therefore, the Plaintiffs are allowed to write the fictitious names John Doe, or Jane Doe, or something similar, and start the case. Later, once they figure out the actual names, they can amend the case with the right names. Otherwise, you would have the classic problem of - - which came first, the chicken or the egg. . . I hope that helps answer your question. Let me know if this has answered your question. Thanks.

Please let me know if I answered your question. Thank you!