Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have a vw that is part of scandal and we leased said

Customer Question

I have a vw that is part of scandal and we leased said vehicle in 2013 we sat filling out paperwork for lease and the guy explained how at end of lease we had like 3 options (that day in his office I expressed to my husband and guy I was afraid of lease mileage what if I go over it said they would penalize us!! Well the finance guy at the vw dealership told us them well you have 3 options at end basically and one is at e.o.l. (End of lease) we could if I did drive past mileage return to that dealership and they will get me into another vehicle and they would overlook overage! Well second of course was to buy at eol and finally sell to 3rd party and pay off the pay off amount ! Well in 2014 after only a year of lease I knew that my fears came true I had already driven it the full 48000 thousand that I was allowed for whole 4 years. So my husband said we will not make the mistake of leasing for me again that when our lease was up we would be purchasing the vehicle! Then in 2015 the scandal came out and this is where I'm not getting answers one we purchased and it is on our paperwork that we were buying a vehicle with cleaner fuel diesel better gas mileage cleaner air etc the contract did say the vehicle model etc and what tdi was was turbo Diesel engine which my husband wanted for cleaner fuel lower gas mileage etc we did not get the car we were told we were purchasing because of their admitted cheating scandal we paid a higher price for it too right right and this law suit nothing I've seen is mentioning any of this! So we signed lease agreement for a car that was a lie and they sold us a lie yet they expect us to continue paying for this and we did we were waiting for word from rulings well at I've read it and these issue have not been mention and those along with potential health risks their 40% more pollutant car we paid higher price for that we had options at eol and we no longer feel we do because ours is a 2.0 model with no fix in the forecast but we are really screwed I need help with this I want these issue covered in lawsuit because they are stating the lease won't get penalized for early termination but the rest of lease still stand we have to pay mileAge overage if we opt to return when we had planned to purchase but vws lies and cheating took that away please need assistance here why aren't these issues coming forth they made us pay more and they cause potential harm to all drivers who got effective car but leasee we only get small 3000 approx yet after vw see our mileage they say they charge .20$ per mile over we will owe 10000 we have already paid 16000 and they are telling me today the payoff if we purchase is 16500 on a vehicle that I can't drive when it won't pass smog or sell to someone who would buy it I realize this is in courts now but I'm not happy about how they are ignoring these facts wouldn't the contract be void based on there deception and lies we didn't deceive and if never happen we would have purchased anyhow can anyone please help
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

You would need your own Attorney to bring your issue to the Court.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to file the lawsuit for you. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with your case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.