Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

I want to revoke a florida durable power of attorney,

Customer Question

I want to revoke a florida durable power of attorney
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: the lawyer is the power of attorney
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Ok, the only thing you have to do is write up a statement that says that you are revoking the POA granted to "Lawyer's Name" effective immediately. You sign and date it and have it notarized and then deliver it to the holder of the POA and that is all that is necessary.

I always suggest that you deliver copies to any banks or financial institutions where the POA holder might have used the POA to inform them as well.