MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My car was t by a drunk driver about two weeks back. Ripped

Customer Question

My car was hit by a drunk driver about two weeks back. Ripped off the bumper of my car which in now hanging by zip ties. She was arrested that night for a DUI. An accident report and case was taken by police. I have audio recording of her admission of guilt and saying she would cover damages. I only have liability insurance with GEICO who told me that since she was at fault, her insurance would handle the damages. I've called her insurance explaining the situation and making a claim multiple times but they said that they need their client to accept liability through phone call and if she doesn't within 40 days, they cant do anything for me. Even with a copy of the police report and two witnesses on it, they wont do anything for me. Id like to know my rights and if there's any legal action I can take. Thank you.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If the at-fault driver does not comply with her insurance company's requests and they do not cover your property damage, you can sue her personally for your damages. She will be personally liable for paying you back for the damages that occurred to your vehicle.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.