Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I own a limo company and have contractors now state wants me

Customer Question

I own a limo company and have contractors now state wants me to have workers compensation coverage for them based on 8-40-202, if I have to have that coverage can I pass the cost on to my drivers since they are contractors
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

ANSWER: That should not be a problem; for example, you can revise your future contracts with them to reduce the amount of compensation they will receive by the allocated amount that you have to pay on their behalf in premiums. However, you should wait to do this until their contract term expires and sign a new contract.