Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My husband and I bought a house paid in full in Haltom City.

Customer Question

My husband and I bought a house paid in full in Haltom City. Within a year I had to return to California my children though all adults were having alot of problems. I was offered a job in Salinas, CA. I stayed and helped my daughter through her divorce by assisting her financially. When time came and I wanted to return my husband said to wait he was going to fix the house to sell. I became ill and became homeless. I have been homeless for 7 years. I have beening living with whom ever will allow me for periods in CA. My husband has been fixing the house this whole time. All of the sudden he became extremely upset because I would not sign Power Of Attorney. He filed noncontested divorce in Forth Worth stating I abandoned him. He has never allowed me back in the house. Now I am told he has guns. I became employed by Home Depot 3 years ago and am now full time employee. I was able to transfer to Arlington Home Depot pending court date which is this August. He is trying to include all of the receipts from fixing the house. He has had 11 years of not paying rent. I have had to live in cars and live with whoever will allow me.
Expert:  legalgems replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear this; what is your exact question please? is it regarding the proceeds from the eventual sale of the house?