Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation

My. Name on deed and her to she pay it off in Nov 2015 now

Customer Question

My. Name on deed and her to she pay it off in Nov 2015 now she tell me i cant come in or try get it back she said she blackmail if I try???? She keep all my things she will not buy me out what do.i do?????
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling similar matters. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

There are two things you can do here:

(1) You can contact the sheriff in the county in which this property sits and have the sheriff send a deputy to the residence to allow you to remove your belongings. They will usually want to contact the resident to let them know when they are coming and what will happen. However, you should be able to get your stuff without issue with the sheriff's office present; and

(2) In order to get your share of the deed, you will likely have to file suit against her unfortunately. In filing suit, you are asking the court to remove you from the deed and order her to pay fair market value for your rights to you. In the alternative, the court can simply order a sale of the property wherein you guys split that which is made from the property. That said, you will likely have to sue her in the county in which the property sits. If you have had a divorce proceeding with this person, you can handle it via petition to the divorce court, which actually having to file suit.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end.

Thank you and best wishes!

Did you have any other questions? Thanks

Did you have any other questions or concerns? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks