How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33700
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a deed transferred over if I live in one state and

Customer Question

Can I get a deed transferred over if I live in one state and I have it motorized in a different state.
I live in Pa and my ex husband lives in NJ. He refuses to come to Pa to sign deed over to me for house. If I take it to N J for him to sign would it be legal?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Yes, it is entirely legal. There is no requirement for a deed to be executed and notarized in the same state as where the property is. As long as the deed is prepared according to state law in the state where the property is located, it doesn't matter where it is signed and notarized.


People who own vacation homes in other states often sell them from their home state and the deeds are just mailed to them for execution and return...





Related Legal Questions