Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I need to file a motion, WA, Yes but they were not honest

Customer Question

I need to file a motion
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: WA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but they were not honest with me so I am trying to do it myself
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Our house was foreclosed on I am trying to get the surplus funds from the court I just need to fie a motion and an order they were wanting me to pay 25% to have them to it for me.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: WA. The funds have been deposited that is the only paperwork so far
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to know the proper wording to fill out a motion and order to release surplus funds from a foreclosure
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: I looked to see if WA had a form for this and did not find one. However, if you are willing to do a bit of cutting and pasting from another form to make your own typed up motion this should not be difficult. You can use this form from another state as a go-by.

Also here is the WA law on this as a guide.