AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
93913325

I need a court case giving me standing before a federal

Customer Question

I need a court case giving me standing before a federal court because a state has statues preventing me to run as a write in Candidate.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 9 months ago.

Here is a link to a case that will get you going in the general direction. The subject matter is the same, but in this particular case, the court ruled against the person stating that there was not standing. The reason this case will help you is because it should give you the factors that you need to demonstrate in order to obtain the federal standing that you desire. The case is: Burdick v. Takushi, 846 F.2d 587, 588 (9th Cir. 1988).

You can view the case here:

https://casetext.com/case/burdick-v-takushi-4

Please let me know if this has answered your question. Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I need a Federal Court case number ***** will me standing before the Federal Court because the state of South Carolina has statues preventing me from being able to run as a write in candidate running for the office of the U.S. President. I have my paperwork in, and I am running as a write in candidate for South Carolina’s seat in the U.S. Senate. And I would like to run as a write in candidate for the office of the U.S. President. If you need to ask me any further questions please E mail me @ *****@******.***, or you can use the same method you used earlier.

Can you give me the reference to the SC statute that is preventing you from running please? That will help me narrow the research alot. Thank you.