Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

My daughter was arrested possesion and paraphenalia. she

Customer Question

my daughter was arrested for drug possesion and paraphenalia. she went into detox and is in rehab and missed a court appearance while in detox, now she has a warrant for her arrest. do i need to get a lawyer involved or get a letter from the detox and deal direct with the courts?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling matters of this nature. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

I would first get a letter from the Detox on their letterhead from her treating physician which states that on the date of court, she was in Detox. I would then serve this on the clerk of the court and ask that the warrant be removed and that the court establish a new court date for her hearing.

If that does not work, then get an attorney involved. In short, save yourself the money for the attorney once she is actually in court and try to handle this without an attorney. The court should be open to your work here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the rating bar on your end so I will receive credit for my answer.

Thank you and best wishes going forward!

Did you have any additional questions? Thanks

Did you have any additional questions? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward on this issue. Thanks!