Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I'm trying to find Texas requirements that must be present

Customer Question

I'm trying to find Texas requirements for signage that must be present for an apartment complex to tow a vehicle from a disabled parking spot.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I believe I know the law. I'm looking for it in writing.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I understand the law to state that signs must be posted that say 'Vehicle will be towed at owners expense' and the name & number of the tow company. My wife forgot to put up her placard and her car was towed. There are disabled parking signs, but not related to towing or tow company.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In Texas to tow from private or public property, signs must be attached to a pole or a wall in each space or placed around the entire lot and be easily visible. They must have the international towing symbol and language that says “Unauthorized Vehicle (or Violators) Will be Towed at Owner or Operator’s Expense.” Signs must include the name and phone number of the storage facility where the car will be towed.

So, if they have a handicapped space posted, it must include the wording above in order to tow or their must be notices around the lot clearly visible saying that violators or unauthorized vehicles will be towed.