Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Can i sue a company my credit with out my signature on the

Customer Question

can i sue a company for running my credit with out my signature on the credit application?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Your credit report is private. A thord person may view your credit report only if:
1. You give someone permission to pull your credit report, or,
2. The person pulling your credit report has a permissible purpose for pulling it.

Since the Dealership did not have your authorization they did violate the law and you have remedies under the law for the violation. Specifically, You are entitled to a statutory penalty even if you do not directly suffer damage. There is also the potential of punitive damages. The statute also provides for your attorney’s fees.

This means that there is no reason for you not to contact a Consumer Protection Attorney to assess your case. The attorneys who do this work often assess cases at NO Cost to you.

You can find attorneys who do this work here:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/consumer-protection/california

You may also file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the California Attorney General.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald