Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

A couple who we know is getting divorced and my wife and I

Customer Question

hi, a couple who we know is getting divorced and my wife and I each got a letter saying we are wanted as witnesses for one of the people. the letter says it is mandatory that we show up. it was delivered by regular mail. do we need to respond? thanks
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: If it states it is a subpoena and it is signed by a judge, court clerk or an attorney, then the chances are that you must go. If you want to upload it, I would be happy to look at it and give you a more definitive answer.