Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

What is the age of consent in alabama where pictures where

Customer Question

What is the age of consent in alabama where pictures where sent back and forth?
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Alabama does not have a specific sexting statute in their laws, which means that teenagers caught sending or receiving sexually suggestive materials can be prosecuted under the State’s laws around child pornography, obscenity, or material harmful to minors. There are no exceptions made for minors. A conviction for any of these charges under Alabama law requires registration as a sex offender.

Child pornography in Alabama is defined as an obscene material with an illustration of a child under the age of 17. If charged, an individual faces up to 20 years in jail and up to $30,000 in fines.