Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Im on home detention and rexieved two misconduct reports.

Customer Question

Im on home detention and rexieved two misconduct reports. One for unauthorized location and another for writing on my paper saying i was somewhere else. I received from them a 45 day. No pass punsihment.restriction. my question is once they send that information to my jusge on my progress report will the judge have the power to enforce her own judgment.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, actually, while the judge typically goes with the punishment suggested by probation and parole who monitors the home detention program, the judge has a right to ignore the penalty proposed and may impose a probation violation and revoke the home confinement to put you back in jail for a period of time. It does not happen often, but happens when the judge feels a defendant did not learn from their violations.