Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I RECEIVED A BILL LAB THAT I HAVING BEEN USING YEARS WITH MY

Customer Question

I RECEIVED A BILL FOR A LAB THAT I HAVING BEEN USING FOR 4 YEARS WITH MY MED INS PROVIDER... FOR 1000.00 UPON MY LAST VISIT . I CALLED THE PROVIDER WHO RESPONDED THAT " THEY ARE NO LONGER IN NETWORK" . I NEVER RECEIVED ANY COMMUNICATION THAT THEY HAD CHANGED THEIR POLICY.. DO I HAVE ANY LEGAL RIGHTS.. AND IS THERE ANY ATTORNEY THAT HANDLES THIS TYPE OF CASE IN TAMPA FLA
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
I cannot comment on which attorney could handle this for you in Florida but yes you can try to force your insurance company to cover this or reimburse you for your cost. They will try to deny it because you did not get preapproval but you just have to push. An attorney who specializes in insurance and healthcare would be recommended. If you need a referral contact the state or city bar association.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated as we are only paid if we receive a rating of 3 or higher.