MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

An older man (83) is having trouble with workmans' Comp.

Customer Question

An older man (83) is having trouble with workmans' Comp. located in New Jersey. He now lives in Florida and has been trying to get help for a condition that is getting worse. Two months have gone by and he has been given the run around by the New Jersey lawyer, Workman's Comp board, a doctor where he was sent to see, etc. Where can he go to get some information as to how to proceed?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The first thing he would need to do is contact his attorney to see what the status of his case is. If he feels he is still getting the run around, then he should contact the New Jersey State Bar (which is the licensing agent for all attorneys licensed to practice law in New Jersey). Here, he can file a complaint against the attorney if the attorney is not appropriately assisting him.

The other option he would have would be to terminate representation with the New Jersey attorney and to find a new attorney that he feels more comfortable with.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

The following link provides more general information regarding his type of claim: