Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I am trying to get my record expunged. 59 yrs ago while in

Customer Question

I am trying to get my record expunged. 59 yrs ago while in the military I took a car while trying to get back to the fort at approx 3 AM. The car was valued at $100.00. I am now trying to fill out form AOC-CR-264, which was returned to me with a note from the judge saying:"Please make sure all boxes are checked". I realized that the court house no longer has a record of my offense, but the military is the ONLY record of what happened. I guess he's trying to tell me to check the additional agency box, but what do I have to do to get that specific dept.? Also I checked the box for 15A-146 should I have checked 15A-145(a)?
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand, but I failed to inform youth although the act occurred in NC 59 yrs ago, I am living in Florida and do not have access to a NC lawyer at this time. The only time I was in NC was during my time in the military.
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Okay, no problem be right with you....

1. Was there a conviction on that incident? § 15A-146 is used to expunge records when charges are dismissed or there are findings of not guilty.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it looks like I should have checked the 15A-145(a) box instead. Thanks. Now, how do I find out what dept of the Army I need to address in order to send in this form to the judge that returned it to me.
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

The U.S. Army Crime Records Center, known as the CRC, is co-located with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command Headquarters at Quantico, Virginia. The CRC is a multi-functional center, supporting not only the Army and the command, but also foreign, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. The CRC receives, safeguards, maintains and disseminates information from Army law enforcement records.

The instructions to this form you are using state as follows:

"The clerk will not send a copy of the order to any entity that is not an agency of the State of North Carolina or one of its local governments. A private entity required to expunge records will be notified directly by the State or local agencies that distribute criminal justice information to that entity."

Let me see if there is a way to expunge this through the army directly....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
back in May 1968. 10 days in jail 3 years probation and $100 fine.
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

I am not a military law attorney; but it appears that you can ask the CRC to expunge this and if that fails then application can be made to the Army Board for Correction of Military Records.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Please see answers above...