Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

What should an online student who was given little

Customer Question

What should an online student who was given little information about inability to pay fees do after deadline. I requested for installment but my terms of installments were refused before deadline. I have not registered for new courses but they keep on calling and are now threatening to involve third parties. I am not in the USA but the school is. I need your advice
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the school does not have to give you the payment terms you request and legally they can insist on payment before allowing you to register for any further classes. This is all up to the school you are dealing with, as the student does not have the right to dictate payment terms or installment terms. If the school refuses to negotiate and the school does not have any financial aid or scholarships left to give out the student needs to sit out until they can afford to pay what they owe and then re-enroll to finish their program.