Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

We sold our house. We agreed to 15 days to let them take

Customer Question

We sold our house. We agreed to 15 days to let them take possession or we would lose 1000 dollars. We got back from working to gather the last load of our belongings and the buyer had the police here saying we could not go into the house to get our things can they keep us out?
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Has the agreed on 15 days expired?

Did you have a copy of the signed contract to show the police that you still had possessory rights for that 15 days?

Did the police actually say you couldn't go into the house despite the agreement?