KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I have been summons to a payment hearing in a small claims

Customer Question

I have been summons to a payment hearing in a small claims court but have no income or anything what can they do
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon. If you have been summoned and served to appear at. Small claims court hearing, if you don't appear they may be able to obtain a judgment in default. That said, they would still have to collect on the judgment and enforce it. However, if you have any assets then they cannot collect against you. You would be judgment proof. However if obtain any assets in the future they could collect for the life of the judgment, until it expires. Different states have different limitation for judgment enforcement and collection. I hope this helps.