Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My friend is trying to get a dissolution of marriage done

Customer Question

My friend is trying to get a dissolution of marriage done with his wife; papers have been completed and signed, filed with the court. They were rejected, needed more information. He would like to complete the papers and resubmit but she has the original documents out of state and won't communicate with him. The court says they must have the original documents, he only has copies. What is his next step if he can't get the originals and she won't communicate with him?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. You can tell your friend to contact the court and ask for their input - which may include getting the paperwork they have on file. Alternatively, you can file anew. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything. Please do not post a negative rating if there something you remain unsure about. Please ask a follow-up question, which I will be happy to answer.