Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

A marine ticket on the water- ticket a wake by a local

Customer Question

a marine ticket on the water- ticket for making a wake by a local police dept not a marine police officer, peak high tide and tide running at 18 knots had to keep boat at 2400 rpm to even stay ahead of the tide running out, of course im going to put out a wake ?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there any case regarding a local police dept taking over for the marine police and inforcing what the officer believe to be a high speed wake when in turn it was just to keep ahead of the high tide running at peak time, any slower i would have not have been able to keep ahead of the current- does the officer have juradiction in said waters

After looking at your history on this site and your failure to accept answers, I will opt out and let someone else assist you.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 3 months ago.

New Expert here.

I need to ask where this happened and which agency issued the ticket.