LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

How do I properly record a video testimony of myself that

Customer Question

How do I properly record a video testimony of myself that will be admissible in a legal setting? I believe I can use my mirror. I think I did it right, but if you could clarify the exact steps I'd be greatly appreciative. And last, after I record the video, how do I make it into being legally evidence using the mail? Thanks again.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. What type of proceeding is this for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not sure honestly. It involves a case of terrorizing possibly by a government agency, and the stress that it caused me. Since I am taking the video myself, I want to make sure I am videoing myself correctly so it'd be admissible.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh ya, I am vidoing the stress in my face.

Thank you. As the victim, you would be required and needed to testify in the court proceeding, at trial. The video testimony would only be admissible, in a rear situation where you could/would not be available to testify at trial. ( i.e. you were sick and could pass away). If you file a lawsuit, you would be required to testify at the trial AND could be deposed as well. To video yourself now, may not be necessary, unless you are doing so because you are in fear of your life and think something may happen and if so, should contact the police and retain legal counsel.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well lets just say that I wanted to use the video in the future, but wasnt sure exactly for what quite yet, and just wanted to make it legally a piece of admissible evidence if it were ever needed?

You would need to try and authenticate it as much as possible. By that, state your name, time, date, that you are of sound mind and the reason you are doing this and try and show if it is ever found and necessary and relevant, it may be able to used, if needed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.