Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Can I sue the General Contract Company if I notifield them

Customer Question

Can I sue the General Contract Company if I notifield them that the framing company I work for as a superintendent lience was expired before the two of them signed contracts and in the state of Tenn. If your licence is expired then it voids out your company insurance and workman comp. Now with the GC knowing this info and also I have everything in emails that I notifield them of this matter can I sew them for putting me and my 95 men in harm's risk for a month and a half before the bonding company stepped in and fired the framing company I worked for because they found out about the no insurance and liecense.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Were there any actual claims or damages from the lack of coverage?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No sir and by the way me and my patner have taken the project over and signed contracts. We have are insurance but our men have found out that they where at risk for more then a month and are not happy. Because GC new and did nothing about it and like I send the bonding company found out about the no insurance and fired the company I was working for imedetly. Before we signed our contract with the bonding company we could not step foot on the job site till are insurance and our licence was verifield
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

If you can resolve the problem I look forward to speaking with you.

Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this was for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

In the absence of any actual denied claims or other damages, there is not really a claim you can make.

This is more along the lines of something which is addressed administratively by the licnesing agency.

In other words, there is not a private cause of action for you to assert.

The licensing agency would proceed against the framing company and GC for breaching their regulations.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.