Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

I have a legal question. Last week a guy that I bought a

Customer Question

Hi! I have a legal question for you. Last week a guy that I bought a drug from 2 months ago was arrested for possession with intent to distribute. He received the drugs from overseas apparently and got caught.
My question is.. If he still had a few text messages from me about me Buying some from him on his phone, can I get in trouble?
This is in Oklahoma, I have no criminal record at all. Just wondering how usual it is for them to go through ALL the text message history and prosecute anyone who ever bought from this person. I'm just not sure how Oklahoma works since it is so hard on drug crimes. Also, would they actually have to witness the drug exchange to be able to try and prosecute? Thanks for any help.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

Also, would they actually have to witness the drug exchange to be able to try and prosecute?

Yes. Prosecuting someone on the basis of a text message indicating what yours did, would be virtually impossible. They have to have evidence that the crime was actually committed and that you committed it. .But be careful that you are not in a position where you can't be set up in the future.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay great, thank you. That's honestly what I was thinking but you know how your mind runs away with you.

You're welcome. Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.