P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

I am 90 years old with a will and power of attorney. Should

Customer Question

I am 90 years old with a will and power of attorney. Should I have any other legal document?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

So long as your power of attorney includes the power to make health care decisions (sometimes called a health care POA or a living will)? You are in good shape.

The will is used to determine who gets what after you pass and the POA allows someone to make decisions for you if you are unable to do so.

The one other thing to consider is a trust...a trust allows you to transfer property to others, via the terms you dictate, avoiding probate. Not, necessarily, needed...but can be helpful to your heirs after you pass (since they can avoid probate)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.