Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I worked man taking care of s mother.My house was going to

Customer Question

I worked for a man taking care of his mother.My house was going to be foreclosed on and he bought it. From then on he made sexual suggestions about keeping my home. My sister came to work for him also.After his mother passed away I was forced to sign a mortgage loan with him. I lost my job and filed bankruptcy in 2007.Payments were made to him for 5yrs. Then I was hurt at work but still paid payments. Then my workers comp stopped and I got behind. I got another job but was forced to file bankruptcy again. I worked out everything with first mortgage but this man would not work with me. I had loan modification attorneys try to work out something but to no avail. This man finally foreclosed on me. My sister just passed away believing everthing this person ever said . I have put up with this person telling everyone in town lies about me but I was not allowed to attend my sister's funeral and was not even included in the obituary. That was my breaking point. Is there anything I can? I had filed sexual harassment charges against him and that why he has come after me so hard. He is abig shot in town with money
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did he foreclose on you and take the house back or force a sale of it?

.

How did he prevent you from attending your sister's funeral?

.

What was the outcome of you filing charges against him?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He bought my house at sheriff sale. I begged my sister to stay out of it but she listened to him.Because of all the lies he told my sister we haven't talked for over 10 yrs. No one told me about her illness and my aunt told me about her death,when my daughter contacted other family they said for me not come to funeral and my name was not even listed in the obituary. This is the results of me filing charges against him which I never went thru with

Ok, if the person bought the house at the foreclosure sale because you were unable to make the payments, then legally there is nothing inappropriate with that. It would have been a public auction where anyone could bid and it would sell to the highest bidder. And if you were unable to make the payments, the seller was legally within their rights to foreclose.

.'

I don't see any way that this person could have legally prevented you from going to sister's funeral so I am not sure how you feel that they were able to do so. If the family told you not to come, then that was their decision.

.

I am sorry, but I just don't see any legal recourse against this person based on what you have stated...

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.