CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

A delusional patient/family member filed a false police

Customer Question

a delusional patient/family member filed a false police report from my home address without my knowledge, what kind of fine am I at risk for if she continues to do these things? the patient has hallucinations and delusions
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Filing a false police report is a crime/infraction that is charged or filed against the individual that actually makes the report, not the owner of the property at the address where the report was made.

If this is an ongoing issue, you will want to contact the police department to notify them of the issue (many departments are actively working with the disabled community - patients and families - and you may even end up being put in contact with an officer or case worker that specializes in this to come up with a plan that ensures that emergency calls to your property still receive a response, but there is a way to deal with false reports or calls taking into consideration your family member's condition).

Contact your local police department at their non-emergency number to discuss the situation with them.