Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have an idea business idea. I would like to discuss it

Customer Question

I have an idea for a business idea. I would like to discuss it with a person who I need services from to make the business a reality. I'm worried they may steel the idea once I discuss it with them. Is there a legal forum I can have them sign before hand to keep our conversation private not be able to use what I tell him for personal gain?
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, there is. This is called a non-disclosure and non-circumvention agreement. You can an example HERE. They would have to sign it before discussing the idea. If then they break it, then they may be liable in Court.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.