LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I work with serious mentally ill clients and had a client

Customer Question

I work with serious mentally ill clients and had a client state that I phsyically assulted her and she has filed a complaint with the company I work for what are my options because I could lose my job over the allegation what are my rights
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. Where did she allege this happened? Who did she make the complaint to and once you were aware, did you inform your employer and file a report?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just Yesterday while she was working with me in our work adjustment program she filed a formal complaint that will be going to our state funding people I wrote what happened on my end that has to go in the report for the state

Thank you for the additional information. Certainly, something like this needs to be documented by you, to protect your interest. Not only could this effect your employment BUT criminal charges could result as well, if there is evidence to show and support the assault. Now, as you shared, the client does have a history of mental illness, so there may be greater weight given to your statement and version of the event ( if anything even happened), seeing how it is possible that this was made up or exaggerated and nothing happened. Now, if and when you are contacted by the State, you can decide to retain legal counsel to represent you at that time, in regard to employment and if criminal charges are filed, retain a criminal defense attorney.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!