Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I Have a Aunt who passed away several months ago who left me

Customer Question

I Have a Aunt who passed away several months ago who left me the beneficiary of her insurance policy and I am unable to find the Insurance company her Son Ricky Armstrong will not give me the name. My aunts name is***** have been her care taker for over a decade. She resided in Waldorf, MD upon her deceased. My name is***** is there any possible way you can locate this policy for me.
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok! Thank you!

There is a company called MIB that keeps track of millions of insurance policies that may have a record of aunt's policy if the son won't divulge that information to you.

.

https://www.mib.com/lost_life_insurance.html

.

Legally it doesn't benefit him to keep that information because he can't obtain those funds if you are named the beneficiary. But you can't sue him to force him to divulge that information because he has no legal duty to you.

.

I hate to say it, but you may have to try to negotiate with the son to provide that information to you so you can file a claim if you are unable to locate the information on your own.

.

However, if there was a will or she has assets in her name, and the son is not the executor, then you may be able to contact the executor and see if they can find any cancelled checks written to an insurer so that you can find out their name..

.

thanks

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

thanks