KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

My landlord refused to fix a leaky roof. Well kept doing

Customer Question

My landlord refused to fix a leaky roof. Well kept doing patch work instead of fixing it the right way. And the drywall on the ceiling clasped leaving a a great big whole causing alot of mold. This happened in april. But the leak has been going on since november of 2015
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have plenty of pictures and the lease stated that no rent is to be paid or expenses by me until it's fixed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you elaborate a bit more as to what is your specific question? Are you wanting to know if you can terminate your lease? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I'm taking him to court to try and get all of my rent money back. From November to april.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But I am relocating.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello are you their
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I see you are suing for your rent. Do you have questions about that? Or is there another specific question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I'm not able to do that I'm at work
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I'm having a difficult time understanding specifically what you are asking. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
Good morning, I will answer your question regarding withholding rent and your rights.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I cancel you all.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
Do not answer and I will redirect you to the appropriate section.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok