Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I paid 5 dollars legal alias and never got one

Customer Question

I paid 5 dollars for a legal alias and never got one
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience. I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

What is your question I can assist with today?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid five dollars to register a legal alias and not sure if it worked cause I never typed in the alias anywhere
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is***** am another expert on the forum. I see your prior expert opted out, this sometimes happens.

I also see from your post you are attempting to obtain a "legal alias" - to better assist you, can you please tell me what government agency you are applying for this alias from, and what exactly the alias is (usually this is a "DBA" to conduct business, but I want to be sure what we are talking about so that I can answer your question correctly).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The alias is Longbottom and its for purposes I need not mention

I do not need to know the reason for your alias, but I do need to know what government agency you are applying through, and what type of alias you are applying for.

This information helps me better assist you with the procedure to get your alias/DBA or otherwise.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Whats this website for?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its a street name what my friends call me I didnt think it was gonna be this complex

Our website is Just Answer, it is a general information forum. You have created an account and posted a question on our legal directory where attorneys such as myself answer general legal questions and provide information to customers such as you.

You can find information about our site and get answers about the service here:

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh I thought you could register my legal alias

No, we cannot represent clients or perform legal work on the forum. We are limited to providing general information, I am sorry for the confusion.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you just give me legal advice?

We can give you general legal information (so if you are looking for how something works - like how you would go about getting a DBA, I could give you that kind of information, but if you are looking for formal legal advice - we need to refer you to a local attorney (we cannot give formal legal representation on an online chat).