Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I was with them a year and quit going to meetings. its now

Customer Question

i was with them for about a year and quit going to meetings. its now been 6 years and just got a notice from the dept of defense the y want 8000.00 originally iy was 5000.00 . was wondering if i could do some kind of settltment with them.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: missouri
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, just now found this out.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: since that time i have been going to college
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: this isn't realestate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but if you signed a contract with them and received payment and did not honor your contract, you have to repay not only the amount you received, but the interest penalty for not honoring your contract.
The only settlement they will take is MAYBE reducing the interest by 30% or so and giving you a payment plan. However, they really are not very forgiving and you are going to have to repay the money you took plus some interest.