Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I signed up with army reserves 6 yrs ago got a 5000.00 sign

Customer Question

i signed up with army reserves 6 yrs ago got a 5000.00 sign on bonus only attented 3 or 4 meetings and quit never heard from them and now the dept of defense wants 8000.00 back what can i do?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you breached the contract with the Army reserves, you are not entitled to keep the money. So you have no legal choice but to repay the money and interest and you need to contact them to try to negotiate with them to reduce the interest and give you a payment plan, because if you do not do so, then you will be sued and they will come after you to try to garnish wages or seize your bank accounts to recover their money.