Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How do i find out if there is any problems with being let

Customer Question

how do i find out if there is any problems with being let into a foreign country i have my passport but i don't want to spend the money on the plane ticket if i am just going to be denied when i get to the other country so how do i check if my US Passport brings up ant red flags or denials
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas to philipinees
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no "universal database" like this. Every country has its own methods of determining who it lets in. However, if you tell me the following, I should be able to tell you if you get flagged:

1) Do you have a criminal record? If so, what it is and from how long ago is it?

2) What countries are you planning to visit?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The problem is I do have a criminal history but I do not know what it is I have memory problems and I cannot recall the specific crimes but I do know that one or two is a felony because I went to prison for four years I am wanting to go to the Philippines
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Isn't there a website that would tell me what the US has information on my passport when another country pulls up my passport
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I find out what is the information that the US has on my passport for other countries to pull up and judge whether I can get into that country or not
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your reply. No, there is no website that would have such information. I am sorry.

For the Philippines, a prior visa is not required for stays under 30 days. Almost anyone is allowed in, unless you have a conviction for:

-a serious, violent felony, or

-a sex crime.

Unless you have one of the two, then you are likely to be allowed in with no issue. If you do have one of the above, then you may wish to contact the Filipino Embassy/Consulate and ask for a 59 Day Tourist Visa ahead of time. It is at their discretion to grant it, however.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!