DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I got divorce in Feb.she kept the car ....until right now is

Customer Question

I got divorce in Feb.she kept the car ....until right now is under my name ...she hasn't pay fot it. She's going to ruin my credit. ...if they repo the the car ,can I get the car back?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If they repo the car, yes, you can seek to reinstate after they repossess or purchase the vehicle at auction. You would then have a claim against her in your divorce action. Well, actually, was she awarded the debt along with the vehicle?

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich