Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need a realtor lawyer. I need to know what the price or

Customer Question

I need a realtor lawyer. I need to know what the price or appraised value cost of a certain property at ************* California 92821 was worth back in 2011, specifically between Sept-October 2011. It was a house my brother and myself both owned equally left by my mom. I was going through a messy divorce and needed the money so I sold my half to my brother who is a realtor and mortgage broker. He sold i to me for $150,000. Supposedly half of its value. I think I was conned and the value of the property was much more than that. Can you please help me find its real worth back in 2011 during those months. Thank you
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

You can find the property assessment for that property for 2011-2012 HERE. For 2010-2011, find it HERE. The value is calculated by year, not months.

So for the 2010-2011 assessment, it was calculated to be $561,010.

For 2011-2012, it was $565,234.

The links also show improvement values, as well as other relevant information.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you! One question though...where does it say on the document that those prices are specific to the address ************** California? WHere can I have that listed with the price to show it belongs to it? So needless to say, Selling it for $150,000 I was ripped off?
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

You are most welcome. It does not list the address, but the parcel which is 320-111-21. This corresponds to the address you provided me - I promise. You can check it yourself HERE. Search under SECURED / SUPPLEMENTAL PROPERTY TAX & RELATED INFORMATION by address.

If you sold it for $150,000, then you may have undersold it. But if you had a large mortgage on it (for example, if the property was upside down), then perhaps this was not a bad decision after all.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The property had been purchased in full cash.... there was no mortgage...when first bought, it was a direct full cash sale
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

I see. Then yes, I am afraid that selling it for $150,000 may have been a miscalculation. I am sorry!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Trust me I appreciate your honesty and ask nothing less. Just making you understand the whole picture. the house was purchased as an all cash sale back when my brother and I bought it. there was no mortgage or any money due so knowing this did I undersale and get conned?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its ok. I knew and had my suspicion that my own brother took advantage of me during the most vulnarable time in my life. It is what it is I just needed to know I was right in thinking what I already knew. Thank you very much for you rhelp! Now I just move forward ....
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
When did you purchase the property yourself? For how much?
When did you sell it? For how much?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HOnestly dont remember when we bought it... He handled that deal also since hes a realtor and broker and has his own real estate company... But I sold it October 7, 2011 for $150,000 because I was going through a divorce and needed money to pay my lawyer and my ex at that time wasnt giving us a cent for child support.... I came close to not being able to pay rent so I asked him to sell me my half of the home and well there it is.I also believe he kept the commission lol
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is what he said my half came out to be
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What doesnt kill you makes us stronger right... And now by myself I make ends meet. leaving penny by penny, working and raising my kids alone.. I guess nothing I can do and just use the experience as one to make me stronger in life
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
living
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Selling it for $150,000 back in 2010/2011 does seem to be an advantage for the buyer as they received the property for well under its appraised value.
So yes, this seems to have been a lopsided sale. I am so sorry.
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!