Kim Courtney
Kim Courtney,
Experience:  Founder/Member at Food Business Association

Bank america bought out my bank South Shore Nat'l bank I

Customer Question

Bank america bought out my bank South Shore Nat'l bank I bought a CD back in 1988 and you did not have to enroll again. It is for $1000.00 @ 7.25 interest rate.
Can you help me
Cheryl Langille Neverdousky
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 3 months ago.

Hello Cheryl, I am an attorney and am happy to assist.

Bank of America has to honor your CD. That's great that you have all the documentation. You need to go in person to a branch and speak with a manager. You will show them the paperwork and they have to honor it. If they refuse, then you contact the corporate legal department of the bank. The legal department is really where this needs to be handled anyway, but see if a branch will facilitate that.

It might take some time to get this to be completed, but you will be able to cash in that CD. The legal department won't necessarily work fast, but keep on them. Worst case you have a legal claim against Bank of America but I don't expect it to come to that.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK did this cost $56.00 ?

I am not sure what you refer to. If you are asking about the cost of this question, I only receive $29 and I am just an attorney on the system, so I do not handle any of your billing questions.

If you have follow up questions I am here available to you to continue to discuss. If not, they way to close the question is to click on one of the top three positive rankings of my answer, which will enable me to get credit for my work with you.

Thanks and take care,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
59.00 that sucks I thought it was $5.00 rip off...

Ok, again, I am an attorney answering legal questions, and I did not set up the system, and am not responsible for billing. I am not able to see your screen. Please do not penalize me for your confusion about how the system works. I work very hard here and this is my full time job.

Feel free to contact customer service if you have any other questions about your payment. Otherwise I would appreciate a positive ranking so that I get credit for my work with you today.