Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had a property mortgaged business and have paying it years

Customer Question

I had a property mortgaged for my business and have paying it for 7 years through a private lender. This past winter I fell ill and missed a couple of payments. Without any notice of any kind my doors had the locks changed and my equipment seized. My equipment is paid and has no liens what so ever. I called the police who did nothing, they allowed my equipment to be seized , or stolen as I feel, and told me it was a civil matter and to get a lawyer. I cant afford a lawyer because my business has been shut down because of this. What can I do to get the police to get my equipment back? Please help me.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you have a copy of your lease with the private lender so I can review it?