Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Co-signer's rights: My daughter co-signed a loan live-in

Customer Question

Co-signer's rights: My daughter co-signed a loan for her live-in boyfriend, and father of her 2 children 28 mths + 16 mths, she owns the house, she is the major income and head of household. The relationship has deteriorated, she has asked him to leave, he won't because he's counting on she can't handle everything on her own ie her job, the kids daycare, and financially as well. If she can't remove herself from the loan, can't she take possession of the property is he defaults. I can't believe a legal as "GREAT" as ours would leave a person willing to help someone out, and finds out there is no helping a person who won't help themselves, NO at law relief. What's so great about that system? I digress, I can't believe a finance major did this. My daughter lives in Rocky River, OH. Any Response is appreciated. I am her father and I would be financing the legal counsel.
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What did she cosign for.... is it some type of vehicle?

.

If so, is she on the registration/title as a co-owner?

.

Has she given him a formal written eviction notice to terminate his tenancy?

.

.

thanks